Okay, so I have to slightly adjust the rules in order to participate in this. I am just starting out in the writng game, and I don’t have a page 77 yet. I have two WIPs so I will go to the last page of the longer of the two and pretend it is page 77 and move on from there.
First, to post the rules.
The rules are: 1. Go to page 77 of your current MS.
2. Go to line 7.
3. Copy down the next 7 lines ( sentences or paragraphs) and post them as they’re written.
4. Tag 7 writers and let them know.
So, the working title of this is Reunited… And It Feels So Good
“Are we okay, little one?”
“We are wonderful, Red.” replied Cori, her heart warming at the endearment.
“Red, huh?” Jamie laughed as she tickled Cori’s sides.
When Alli returned with an elaborate picnic basket, she heard laughter and splashing as her captives wrestled in the tub. Grinning she set the food down outside the door and went around to Alli’s room. As she passed through the living room, she told John to grab a tall stack of towels.
Seven MEME Questions have to be Answered as well…
1. What is your dream vacation? Unlimited gasoline, a fully dependable car and about six months to explore as much of the Americas as I can.
2. Are you spontaneous? Or do you like to plan? I like planned spontenaity. the planning part comes in clearing schedules, tucking money away and stocking the first aid kit. (if there is a possibility of injury, the odds favor me for finding it!)
3. One thing you want to do, but don’t dare do? Ski. I have always known that I would come to great injury if I were to attach two peices of wood to my feet and allow gravity to guide me. I have long held the belief that I could be on the bunny slope on Mt Baldy and a HUGE tree would grow, in two seconds, just so I would have something to run into!
4. What’s your biggest phobia? Phobia brings to mind intense, unreasonable fear, and I don’t do that. My biggest fears are things that I have reason to avoid. Ladders terrify me. Not because I have issues with heights, I like heights, I just have a tendency to fall off of ladders and hurt myself. I also fear renting a home or apartment. The last time I did, I fell off a ladder, lost my job ( a week before 9/11), couldn’t find work, couldn’t pay my rent and spent the winter homeless. So, ladders and rentals, but with good reason.
5. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you want with you? (not including your laptop or family.) A compass, a book describing edible and medicinal plants, and about 500ft of heavy nylon rope.
6. Name three blessings in your life. My goddaughter, my friends, and my health.
7. What was your nickname in high school? I wasn’t cool enough for a nickname.
8. If you could meet the President of the US what would you say to him? If you didn’t have to jump through all these hoops and get things passed through congress and such what would you like to change? I would challenge the President (past, present, future, democrat or republican) to ditch his entourage, ditch the money and prestige, forget his education and degrees, find a way to go incognito, and live as a working class citizen for 6 months. Find a job without relying on his connections, degrees or money (basically, only using the skills he had before attending college), and survive at or near minimum wage for the entire 6 months. About the changing something without dealing with congress, I would drastically change the No Child Left Behind program. I work in the schools and the real life results of this program are that the teachers are forced to teach not only to the test (whatever placement test is in that area) but to the lowest common denominator. There are numerous programs to hep students on the low end of the spectrum, but our best and brightest young minds are left to stagnate in regular education classes. We may not be leaving children behind, but we certainly are not helping them soar.
9. If you could be any literary character for a day, who would you be? Any character in a Prudence MacLeod book. She can write my story any time she wants!!!
10. A favorite quote?
“No man is an iland, intire of it selfe; every man is a peece of the Continent, a part of the maine; if a clod bee washed away by the Sea, Europe is the lesse, as well as if a Promontorie were, as well as if a Mannor of thy friends or of thine owne were; any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee….” John Donne
Now to tag others… Can’t tag Alica or SJ, they tagged me. Hmmmm… gonna have to rob some contacts! I am so not linking these right! I need to figure out wordpress!!!